Friday 7 March 2014

Knights.

As background characters for the scene I had been wanting to do something along more fantasy lines for a while now. So the idea is that this Mech has somehow come up against this band of knights and they've gotten into a fight. So for the knights I wanted to create a set of modular pieces that could be used to make several different types of knight to fill the background.
I also wanted to try and keep them reasonably authentic, and also keeping in mind that these are not hero characters, they will be in the background so spending a lot of time on them is a waste.

Anyway I have included some of my reference imagery.






In the end I decided on three basic types of helm to use as a starting point.
The Bascinet
The Sallet
The Frog Mouthed

The models for these are pictured below.


From there it was just a case of building up a set of modular pieces for the knights, while keeping my reference imagery in mind.




No comments:

Post a Comment