Thursday 16 January 2014

Thumbnails + Evaluation

Following on from what I had created previously I decided to put together a series of thumbnails to further illustrate the compositional ideas I had in mind for the project. Using techniques I had been practising within other modules I put these together to help me gauge the colour and composition of the scene. I feel that as I drew more of them I got better at them. They are also vastly superior I feel to any other thumbnail work I have done in the past. They do a good job of helping me pick out ideas for the composition and even design elements for the creature. I do feel however that they could be improved further by me furthering my knowledge of composition/perspective and design. I feel that overall though they are successful as thumbnails as they help clarify to me certain points about the composition and design that are to be explored further when working on the final designs.


The second set of thumbnails is vastly superior to the first as I feel that they are clearer and read better from a design standpoint. and they help illustrate the scale of the monster much better because of this. This set are more successful and its these that I will be keeping in mind when I go on to create my storyboards. As it is this level of clarity I hope to achieve with them.



No comments:

Post a Comment