Thursday 15 May 2014

Final Layout and Music: Draft Version 2

Here we can see that I have begin to implement a lot of the ideas brought to my attention by feedback given on the previous iterations. I also began to look at selecting appropriate music for the reel. Looking through a lot of breakdowns and reels I knew I wanted to select something that was upbeat and added a sense of rhythm to my show reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nmh4TJ60_as

https://vimeo.com/80989764

The piece of music I chose in this draft was not intended to be the final piece. There was a few pieces of music I had in mind that I wanted to use for the final, however I had to go about obtaining permission to use them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ckxrV7R9vk

As a place holder piece however the track isn't too bad, although the lack of a percussive instrument within it means that it isn't adding much of a sense of rhythm to the video. Which is important as I wanted to use that to help carry a viewer through the video.

Layout wise I've also nailed down how to present the different types of model. For example I reckoned that for the organics models It wasn't too important to see the hi-polygon wire frame or model, and adding it would just take up much more space within the reel and make it last too long.

The presentation of the models has been improved as well, with most of them being posed in some sort of way and rendered out within V-Ray. As this is the point of the show reel, to show off the models the best that I can, and so, again based on feedback from a lecturer. I set about posing my models to make them more interesting.

Within this we can also see the indication of the title cards that will provide the links and contact information for my other folio websites.

In future drafts, I still needed to address the issue of people becoming dizzy when viewing it because of the constant spinning. There are also a few wire frames that do not stand out well just because of the way they are coloured, so this needed addressed as well.

And the background has also been changed to not be as similar to Maya, but a nice neutral shade that should fit reasonably well with all the models displayed on it.








No comments:

Post a Comment