Wednesday 14 May 2014

The Showreel and Presentation Project

I decided I was going to apply for an intern ship position at MPC. So I had to create a professional quality show-reel from the existing work I had. So a large chunk of my work this semester was spent rendering, compositing and refining a final and presentable show-reel. Which is something I had never done before and so it was a good learning experience.

Given the size of the rendering jobs required to create this, as-well as the potential opportunity should it be successful. It quickly became my priority. Especially since I am approaching the end of my University career and I feel like it is important to be able to present myself professionally.

Anyway, here is the link to an initial draft/ idea for the reel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxf-yLib-eg

There is a lot of problems with this as I had posted it around various groups to get peoples opinion on it and several points were raised.

- Cutting between the different maps means there isn't enough time to focus on one long enough to pick out details. It gives the eye no time to rest on an image before it is changed.

- This problem is compounded by the fact that the pieces are spinning too fast which gives too little time to focus on them. This can be solved by cutting out unnecessary images.

-The spinning and the speed of it made people feel dizzy. Not a good effect to have when you are trying to present yourself.

-The renders do not present the models in the best way.





No comments:

Post a Comment