Thursday 15 May 2014

Modelling Showreel 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OH8Nn96BmtY&list=UU81Kn2k

https://vimeo.com/90228106

Here it is, the final version (for now)!

Im glad that I undertook this project, as it not only enabled me to apply to MPC and start getting some work shown around. It was also my first time trying to create a professional showreel in order to present my work to employers. I learnt a lot about how to construct a reel as well as different tips and technique for showing off different kinds of model.

I am planning to update the reel soon with some more finished work as well as fixing the CGHub links (as CGHub was shut down). This is another reason I am glad I did this, I now have a framework and a template in place for creating future reels and adding new pieces, so that it will not take anywhere near as long in the future to produce.

The thing I regret most about this though is that the sheer amount of time it took to produce meant that I was unable to focus on certain other works, that will need to be completed in future. Rendering out all the separate elements as they were required as well as putting together each draft took significantly more time than I had originally estimated. However I am glad that I chose to do this now as I was able to get great feedback on its creation from peers, lecturers and on-line communities.

Below is a quick view of the actual FX Compositing tree that was behind the creation of each section of the video.




No comments:

Post a Comment